The Startup Squad’s 3-part Holiday Gift Guide Featuring Girls Who Mean Business – Part I
Part one is all about the family.
Show your love and appreciation to the people in your life this holiday season while also supporting some mind-blowing girlpreneurs and inspiring them to become the next generation of female entrepreneur. The Startup Squad has created a three-part Buyer’s Guide highlighting some of our favorite girlpreneurs’ amazing products that would make perfect gifts for everyone on your list.
In this first post, we suggest stocking stuffers that will be big hits among your friends and loved ones. You’ll love our recommendations and the great holiday gifts they make! Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 in which we feature gifts for school and workplace colleagues.
For the Future Scientist or Girlpreneur
Let these gifts inspire your girl to support girlpreneurs and fulfill her dreams, too. (The first book in our The Startup Squad series is also a fantastic present to inspire her entrepreneurial instincts!)
- Coder Bunnyz – CoderBunnyz is a board game that empowers kids, especially girls, to take an early interest in coding and have fun at the same time. Btw, Coder Bunnyz’s founder Samaira was a finalist in our most recent contest to find a girlpreneur to profile in our second book!
- Goddess Food Factory – Simone of Goddess Food Factory, aka the STEM-Chef, sells subscription boxes that encourage girls to appreciate the science and math behind every culinary creation. Simone was also a finalist to be profiled in our next book, coming out May 5, 2020.
- KidNewsMaker – An award-winning edutainment platform and online magazine subscription developed by 11-year-old Alejandra Stack who’s passionate about kidpreneurs helping kidpreneurs. Her magazine highlights the accomplishments and entrepreneurial paths of young entrepreneurs everywhere.
For Your Spouse or Partner
Your hardworking spouse or partner (or even yourself!) who does it all deserves a top spot on the list.
- Earrings by Emma – Another of our contest finalists, Emma designs and creates eye-catching hypoallergenic earrings that don’t irritate sensitive ears.
- Rose & Co. Candlemakers – These non-toxic, eco-friendly, and super fragrant candles—all handmade by 12-year-old contest finalist Rose—light up any home. You can watch Rose and The Startup Squad founder Brian Weisfeld talk about her candles on FOX 5 NYC news at 6!
- Thousand Bamboos – Who wouldn’t appreciate Thousand Bamboos’ personalized handmade clay polymer jewelry? Probably no one! Best of all, kidpreneur Kiana, the talented artist-owner of Thousand Bamboos, donates 100% of her business profits to One Thousand Smiles. It’s a non-profit foundation that provides care packages to kids too ill to attend school.
For the Fashionista in the Family
Tons of pretty and stylish apparel and accessories to choose from for your most fashionable family member.
- Scissor Fashion – Creative and resourceful, Jema of Scissor Fashion sells unique no-sew dress kits that come with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Ryann Bella Boutique – Ryann’s online catalog of outfits is a shopping destination for fashion divas.
- Ooh La Lemon, LLC – One of our six contest finalists, Ooh La Lemon sells trendy, fruit-designed accessories for fur babies and trinkets for style-conscious kids and kids-at-heart.
For the Foodie in the Family
Delectable snacks that will make foodies ask for a second helping.
- Zollipops – Who knew a trip to the bank in 2012 would set the course for then 7-year-old Alina’s entrepreneurial career? As the CEO of Zollipops, one of the fastest-growing U.S. companies in 2019, Alina and her team bring health, flavor, and fun to oral health through lollipops, drops, and taffy. (Alina also rounds out our list of finalists!)
- Ky’s Pop Shoppe – 10-year-old Kyleigh bakes and fulfills online orders for a whole range of desserts and custom orders, from flavored popcorn to cookies and brownies.
- Kiki Bars – Kiki, Chief Candy Officer of Kiki Bars and cancer survivor, concocts handmade candy bars that are fun to look at and fun to eat!
For the Fave Babysitter, Family Friend, In-Law, Relative, or Grandparent
They may be hard-to-shop-for or say they don’t want anything, but we’re pretty sure you’ll find a match for them from our contestants’ wares.
- Essentials from Erin – From aromatherapy jewelry to flower seeds, Essentials from Erin has your online shopping needs covered! Erin, a kidpreneur who has ADHD, started her business in 2018 to inspire kids and adults with disorders that they, too, can achieve their goals.
- Niya Anique Lip Smacks – 10-year-old Raniya, the owner of Niya Anique Lip Smacks, creates and sells natural lip balms that are safe for everyone, young and old.
- Ava’s Pet Palace – Animal-lover Ava, who’s a 12-year-old kidpreneur based in Chicago, believes four-legged pets should have access to natural food options. Ava’s Pet Palace is a good source for these options—it makes and sells 100% organic, non-GMO pet treats.
Need more gift ideas? Watch this space for part two of our ultimate gift guide featuring the awesome Girls Who Mean Business entrepreneurs!